I haven’t got around to posting anything for a while since Christmas then family affairs took over. But I’ve finally got around to getting a few bits and pieces done.
I also bought myself a Deleter G-Pen and Ink from DinkyBox.co.uk
, along with some Deleter comic paper, but I’m not so keen on how the surface held up to erasing the pencils. It would probably be great to use with a blue pencil and inking over that, or with a light box, however I think I’m going to stick to thick cartridge paper for now, since it seems to be holding up well with the G-Pen. I’ve also been utilising my Pentel Brush Pen
which I bought last year readily available in Eason or WHSmith. Once you get a bit of practice with it, it’s great for texturing and solid blacks. The particular version of Type 4 Deleter ink works great with the G-Pen and washes off it easily, but it doesn’t fill well.
This all relates to what I am currently working on. The guys at Conflicting Kingdoms are producing promotional comics to promote the card game, and since I had already worked on the Hexumi deck, I’ve now started to work on the first issue of the Hexumi comic. Time is at a bit of a premium with me at the moment though, so its going to be slow process, but once we get the script finalised it should get a bit faster. In the meantime, here are the pencil and inks for the cover, done with the G-Pen on the Deleter paper. I’ll hold off on showing the colours for now, we’ll leave that til the comics come out!